Thursday, December 27, 2012

The force of the internal dialogue.


Do you ever wonder why you speak to yourself sometimes? Why do you ask yourself questions ? It might seem weird to you but there's no need to worry - you are not alone. It's a fact that most people in life unconsciously focus on the very things they're actually trying to avoid thinking about. We've all asked ourselves questions such as: What would happen if I lost my job? What would I do if my partner left me? What if I cannot pay the next installment? Would I lose my money if I started my own business? Right? 
We all try to avoid negativity in our lives but our brains work in different way. Unfortunately if we want to avoid thinking about something we find ourselves thinking about it even more. To put it simply - our minds don't understand the word 'No'. Let me give you an example: Don't think of a pink elephant. I repeat, do not think of a pink elephant.  The word 'no' doesn't exist in our mind. Initially we will automatically think of a pink elephant, then, in compliance with the request we try to insert the word 'no'. But it's impossible. As you can see there's absolutely no chance of NOT thinking about something we've been told not to think about. In fact, it's quite the opposite. If we try not to think of something we actually attract this thought to the forefront of our mind and it's impossible to get rid of. So, like it or not, this is how it works… You need to know how powerful your internal dialogue is. Your thoughts, pictures and emotions have an impact on you. What is inside manifests itself externally. Now, ask yourself. How can I  channel this into positivity? 



No comments:

Post a Comment